PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
First impression counts with buyers. A small investment in time and money can give your house the advantage over competing homes in your neighborhood.
- Repair leaky taps and toilets
- Tighten door knobs
- Repair cracked or stained plaster
- Touch up chipped paint
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Clean refrigerators and stove
- Clean kitchen counter
- Clean carpets
- Clean Windows
WHEN THE DOOR OPENS:
- Clean and tidy porch and foyer
- Does the doorbell work?
- Is door hardware in good shape?r
- Is the air fresh?
- Avoid strong cooking and pet odours
CREATING A BUYING MOOD:
- If possible arrange to be absent during showings
- Turn on all lights
- Open drapes in daytime
- Play quiet music
- Remove or restrain your pets
- Store surplus furniture
- Make closets clean and tidy
- Beds made
- Dishes out of sight
Note: Let your Tagari Team agent discuss the selling price, terms and other factors with the prospective purchaser. The salesperson is trained and experienced to bring your negotiations to a satisfactory conclusion. During the showings of your home, relocate yourself to another area of the house (away from immediate activity) or make arrangements to be away.
With a little effort you can sell your home at a better price, within a shorter selling time.